Monday 19 November 2012

My diary aged 8 - 11...,1966

25th June 1966, the day this was bought,(an Exercise book, my mum bought me and encouraged me to write in)
Clontacally Primary school, Carryduff, Belfast.
Today is Saturday,It is warm and the sun is out.We went to Supermac.We got lots of things at Supermac, and this book.
26th June 1966
Today is Sunday. It is a sunny day today, and the sun is out today.
27th June 1966
Today is Monday, the sun is not out today, but it my come out later on today.
1st July 1966
Today is Friday.It is very warm, and the sun is out, I was out playing all day,a girl called Fiona came to play she stayed all day, but she came to visit her Grandmother.My Grandmother might come here tomorrow and visit us , she is my Daddy's mother, and she might bring us something, she gave me a real watch on my birthday 12th June, and i got a pencil case.
2nd July 1966
Today is Saturday,
The rain came on this morning,when we, that is Daddy, Mummy, Michael and me went to Supermac, we went on the Bus,but Daddy has a car, but it is in Dublin, where he works,it was bought in Dublin, but he couldn't bring it up here, but a man said that he can bring it up here for only three months.I'll tel you why, my Mummy is having a Baby,and she will be having the baby this month or next.
3rd July 1966
Today is Sunday. It is very warm today, and the sun is out, tomorrow at 5o'clock in the morning Daddy will get up and get his breakfast and at 6o'clock he will go outside, and wait for a man to pick him up, and take Daddy with him to Dublin.
5th July 1966
today is tuesday,
It is raining today and we went to Supermac,but we didn't get a lot of things because we had to for the bus,but before that we had to go to the doctor because my neck was banged against the wall, that is why.
6ht July
Today is Wednesday it is very windy today,but the sun is out Daddy has gone to Dublin as i said on Sunday, he is gone for five days, and stays only two days.
7th July
Today is Thursday,
It looks like it is windy and cold but when you get outside it is So WARM. When i was down the road at the little shop, and when i was coming back i was sweating and sweating,it was so hot, now for some of my own news Daddy has gone to Dublin and he'll come back tonight.
8th July
Today is Friday. Grandma came up to see us, and she brought some sweets for me and Michael.
19th July
Today is Sunday,It is very warm this morning, and the sun is out.I got up this morning and Mummy was up , but Daddy didn't get up til ten-o-clock, and before Mummy got up Michael  was up, you see Michael is always the first one up in the morning, and when he gets me and Mummy up, then he goes back to bed, and gets his breakfast in bed, that's what i would like.
2nd August
Today is Tuesday, i know the sun is out,it is my friends birthday today, she is a girl and so am I
8th August
Today is Monday, my Mummy went to hospital to have a baby,she went very early this morning
7th September
Today is Wednesday,It is warm the Sun s out,I have a new baby sister, It was born on 25th August 1966,My friend Karen came to visit us, and they brought a caravan, we had marmite and listened to the Beatles in the caravan.
25th January 1967
Today is Wednesday
I am very sick, yesterday the doctor came before that i was so ill i did not want to go to bed, Mummy said i had to cause i was very ill. I now live in Dublin and i go to another school, it is Sutton Park in Sutton,when i got this book i was seven, but now i am eight.my little sister is now 5 months old at Christmas i got a bike, and Michael did as well.( It was a Raleigh Robin hood, adult size for an 8yr old?, my parents believed in 'growing into' things, school clothes always too big!!, worn out by the time they fitted)
5th February
Today is Wednesday,It is not a very nice day today, the wind is blowing, and it is cold, it is raining as well, i am not very well, I have Asthma and a bad cold as well, my little Sister is five and a half months old,now she can get around we put her on a sheet in the Dining room, My Daddy is in England now for a week, he will bring us some things if we are good,
7th May 1967
Today is Sunday, I have just got up and my baby sister is learning to walk, she is very good at it and she can crawl, and sh is very good at it, my brother always draws in this book, and if he does it again i will be very cross with him.    I BASH HIM  it still counts
 22nd May 1967
it was a windy day today,My brother Michael has learned to ride his bike with out the side wheels, one day he had left his bike outside and a boy had took it,and just because he did not want to ride it with the side wheels, he rode a long was and broke the side wheels off, we will be going back to England to live   
     1970, we live in Chester now, and i am 11 years old ( nearly twelve)

      1974, we live in shrewsbury now, and i am 16 and half years old.

No comments: