Thursday 25 September 2014

A "half life!"

I am living a half life at the moment! Asleep most of the day and awake at night, both Ben and I go through these phases every couple of months or so, now they are happening at the same time! I can remember years ago when he started being sleepless sometimes, I dragged him to doctors demanding a solution,no help whatsoever! He even went on to a mild melatonin medicine which was supposed to get him off to a gentle sleep...didn't work of course!...so yet again it's 3.30 am and I am awake! It really does not bother me anymore, because the Lord very graciously allows me to continue His work, and always gives me enough sleep just before!....
The good thing of course is that I am doing a lot of writing, and sending it to some Christian women's websites that deal with abuse survivors like me...sometimes it gets hard dealing with the past sin of others,but God does not allow it to bring me down, and I hope it is a help to others!...
I can't remember if I mentioned when the ten people were saved during the church service at a tiny village church near here, that the Pastors wife made her first commitment to the Lord? God is so amazing! I am so humbled that He loves me, being the filthy rotten sinner I am....but that's Grace,undeserved favour, we all deserve death but He has paid the price! praise Him!!!
To change the subject completely, I was reading about a man who bombarded a work mate of his wife with sexual and threatening texts,(because he believed she was not pulling her weight at work),what stood out to me was that he had said how frustrating it was because she did not react to any of the texts directly,that is an interesting insight into the Abusers mind! Not sure exactly how yet though....

No comments: