Saturday 22 December 2012

'tidings of debt and stress, debt and stress,oh tidings of debt and stress

Today i went to town, and was letting someone come out of their space so i could go in, and someone else who was pulling out to straighten their car, so there were  few cars behind me, most waited patiently, but there was the inevitable one who started blowing their horn! Christmas does not bring out the best in people,i am too big to dodge out of others way, so people bump into me, and they gasp as if its my fault! always younger and more able to move than me!! So far from the season of joy and Peace its the season of stress and aggravation, debt and depression! Its not a good way to honour my Saviour, His birth has been brought down by the World into another Pagan festival, which is where it came from in the first Place, the Catholic 'church' did not want the Solstice celebrated on the 22nd, so decided that the 25th should be the day, although he was born in September or October, probably during Sucoth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have detached myself from this "pagan" holiday years ago.

You are right, this season brings out the worst in many people. I have always wondered, if this is supposed to be the birthday of Jesus Christ, why do we give gifts to one another? Why do many people not believe in Jesus, and still participate in what is supposed to be His day of birth? I could never get that one.

Terry

my life and other crap said...

I always thought it was because the Wise men brought giftd for Jesus? It is totally Hypocritical that Athiests, Agnostics celebrate Christmas at all,they would soon pull us up on it if we di anything they regard as that!..I wonder what the Lord thinks of what His birth has been turned into? Nothing about it glorifies Him at all,God bless you elisa