Wednesday 5 December 2012

Elizabeth

Today i am grateful to God, for my Mum, its a year today since she died,she was a wonderful person, a wonderful Mum, and i am very glad she was chosen by God to be my Mum.I still have the little brown suitcase she bought me when i was a child in Kenya,i can still remember the smell of the plastic drink bottle she used to put in there for me,her telling me not to was in the patch of long grass in case 'there were snakes'.I remember how she spent an entire weekend in Belfast teaching me to read,they were using the Phonetics system, and i could not read until i was eight.
I can remember shutting the tail of her beloved cat Sooty in the bedroom door, in Chester when we were watching the moon landings in 1969.
I remember how she used to look in the mirror to check her make up and the way she used to purse hr lips!..She used to sen me upstairs at night when we moved to Shrewsbury to shut the curtains at night time, but i was not allowed to put the light on,'incase anyone was looking in'!!!.. very strange, we weren't overlooked, no on-one could have seen in unless they were on a ladder with a high powered telescope!!.
I used to hate it when i would watch T.V with her and she would critise all the women who came on, i never understood female 'bitchiness', never been like that myself, and i remember when we went to Mikes grave on Christmas day, when he died, and it would just turn into a rant against my Dad, i wanted to remember Mike.
She wasn't a Saint, and as i am one of the few people alive who ACTUALLY knew her longest,i feel i have the right to actually comment.She was the whole world to me as a child,a larger than life figure, so beautiful, which i thought was just me, until Tashies boyfriend said in some of the photos from the funeral 'she looked like a movie star'. Very proud!

No comments: