Thursday 6 December 2012

34 yrs ago, yesterday

Today i am grateful to God because He is full of Love and care for me.
Thirty four years ago,my friend Rebekah's son was born, i was living at my Parents house, they had been separated for two months,we lived near the Hospital so Rebekah's Husband Howard came round afterwards to tell us,he was so happy, maybe a little stunned by the whole experience, they were only 19 and 20,he really had no idea what to do(,he had been sent shopping)!!!.. and my Mum had been a Midwife so i was able to ask her for advice for Him,Nappies, etc.
My Mum told me that Mike had said to her later that day,'i cant wait til i have a baby, because Howard was so happy' Very sad of course because, 18 days later he went into hospital, he died 2 days later.
So it was Laurie's birthday yesterday, a date i have never forgotten,and of course now it will always be the day my Mum died too.

No comments: