Monday 18 June 2012

In- between places

Today i am thankful for the in-between places,as i watched my son wave goodbye to me, and set off to his friends house, as a Mum i was anxious about him going alone,all the things that could happen to him rushed to my mind, mugging stabbing road accident,my loved ones do these things all the time and i don't know about them, and they are safe.I thought about the journey, one he has done many times, and i remember thinking when i was younger about the tedious everyday things we do and have no memory of doing.In one of C.S.Lewis's books he talks about the attic in a house,as a still silent place, everything else in the life of the house goes on,those places are always there.he was talking about this because the attics were all connected and open, so the Children could go into any house through them.
So today i am having to focus on the tedious everyday things,the things that bring me comfort when life is overwhelming,and too difficult to face, the attics, the journeys,Cant face my real life today.

2 comments:

Rio said...

You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

Lets keep writing and blogging

Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

my life and other crap said...

Thanks Rio,appreciate the nice comment.God bless you