Monday 18 January 2016

Controlling

I am feeling quite irritated at the moment by other Christians who tell me in their blog's that if I only did "this" thing that I would flourish, bloom or blossom, there is one who always gives a list of" 7 ways to .." tell if your husband is having committing adultery, 10 ways to know if you are in a toxic relationship etc....I don't know why this annoys me, maybe its the whole thing of being told what to do by someone else!, its a sensitive area for abuse survivors, and a red flag...why do they think I have not reached this point in my life?..maybe I think I know it all too!, I am getting on for sixty, and have survived a lot of very difficult situations with the Lords help!! so i do have a lot of experience!! a regular friday email talks about this,from " Grace for my heart" blog, concluding that no one can see the whole picture from the outside, he talks about armchair critics shouting at the t.v because a football player didn't throw the ball to an obviously open player,only seeing from one narrow camera's view,but the footballer can see all around, we cant see the large man rounding from the side. People outside cannot see the subtle signals the abuser sends from the outside, the silent signals, body language that warns and threatens...we have to learn these signals to survive, i have spoken before about being in church and seeing Howard's body language change just from behind, (fury and anger that he was getting no-where with me). It was the post just called RAGE.

No comments: