Tuesday 17 April 2012

Not putting up with it!

I am feeling quite sluggish today,was very windy last night, and did not sleep very well, got up to find that some of the plastic roof had blown right off! We went shopping yesterday, and Ben was flicking his hands in front of his sisters Tash's face when we were walking down the aisle of a shop,i didn't hear but Tash said ' did you hear that,one of those people said f***ing weirdo, don't say anything' i just listened, and said i wouldn't do anything,but i just kept walking round pretending to look at something with every intention of telling them off,i wanted to identify who they were first, went to stand next ot them, and before i could say anything Tash was there, asking them 'was it you that said f***ing weirdo?, he is Autistic you know' the girl denied it of course,the woman who was with her, who may have been the one who said it,kept her back to us all the time,and was supposedly on the phone, what a hero!!..'  the girl did look really ashamed so it must have been her!!.i tell people off, and i know i have embarrassed my kids sometimes, so i try to be calm about things.
With everything that has been happening to me over the last 9 months anyone reading this may have seen me as a victim, unable to stand up for myself,but i can and do stand up for my family, and am not at all afraid to tell anyone off, from a police man to a judge.but i guess its my mothering instinct that rises up, when someone tries to hurt my kids.
What shocked me most and really drove out anything else was Tashies reaction,she ususally backs down from any confrontation,as a baby she would put up with her brothers and sisters teasing her for ages, taking toys off her, she was the third child, but only so far,and they knew it!! then she would scream,hold her fists tightly and shake with fury!!...she had a very hard time at school, was bullied,and did not tell me for a long time,as soon as i found out i took her out of school.But that has affected her for years,she is living with an older man who has helped her NOT TO PUT UP WITH it,!! its wonderful to see, its made my week!..Praise the Lord.

No comments: