Sunday 15 July 2012

Truth,absolute truth.and the whole truth.

Today i am grateful for,a God who is worshipped by over 38 different denominations of the Christian church, to my shame i have judged some of the churches as old fashioned, and even that they were not 'saved' how wrong i was!...I have been to a wonderful service which goes against everything i thought i knew about Traditional Church, able to chose songs we want to sing,and prayers!
I have been challenged today about what is 'Truth', is there such a thing as absolute truth? Is the Bible absolute Truth?, i have always thought it was,( and do now), i have been challenged about some of the things i have previously regarded as absolute 'truth'.
I was watching a guy on christian t.v, who knew a lot about the Bible,He challenged those who want to know God to go to Bible college... and get a Bible dictionary!... i was tempted, and it made me re-think my opinion that Bible college 'knocks' the Holy Spirit out of believers,he also said that the kind of daily study of the Word of God which just takes small parts or just verses is not as good as reading a whole book, the main point of the Passage may be lost,( for instance the book of Hebrews is about some believers who are tempted to return to Judaism.).
I do want to know more about God and probably the Bible is the best way ,and there are people who know more than me,but the main teacher is the Holy Spirit,He will teach me all i need to know!

No comments: