Saturday 18 February 2012

Snapshots of ages 15.and 30

3.15p.m saturday 18th
Just been reading part of my diary from when i was 15, i had read the diary of Anne Frank,it had really affected me,i wrote'i somehow thought someone from another time would have been different to me', she had the same thoughts about boys, (she was the same age), the same feelings as me, it was just a brief time, like a snapshot of her life,most affected obviously by the date of her birthday, 12th June like me, i think she was more mature than me though.How would i have faced the challenge she did in the death camps? Most of the rest of my diary is pretty sickening though, highly embarrasing!!..Dave the teacher at my creative writing said, 'what a great resource' so i am putting it all into my laptop, with the vague idea of writing a book...he said that i wrote interesting stories,i dont know if i can bear it to be thrown away when i die, its in an old desk diary my dad was throwing away, from 1970, and the first part in an old exercise book from Ireland when i was seven, so 45 years!..it talks about my baby sister,annoying then as now, with threats to 'bash Mike' if he keeps writing in it, and a rather strange rant against men, in the newer version!'
                Men                                                                                         16.8.88
What strange animals they are, they meet a woman  they are attracted too , tell her how wonderful she is, until they are sure of her love, then the 'picking' begins..'your bust is'nt as big as..........', your bottom sags'..her hair is nicer than yours'...how do we fight back,/ the nature of the female is to be faithful,if they love a man they don't find anyone physically attractive but them.This undercurrent of criticism eventually chips away at self-confidence,(maybe this is a device of man to keep women down, and un-attractive to other men). Until thr day that they look at the woman and says ' i can do better than her, and does...He has suceeeded too well...
I am sorry to say that i was living through a violent relationship at the time.I like men now! make great friends,but after two relationships like this,i am happy alone!!!....

No comments: