Tuesday 28 April 2020

Lockdown lessons,learning to Trust

Well here we are in lockdown, a partial one for now anyway,people are finding it really hard being with their families 24 hours a day, Tash says her dog has never had so many walks!!
I am trying to be a positive person, and to do that i have to stay away from media, i.e the news! There seems to just be the one thing in the news!!!
Of course that sounds really callous as there is so much suffering,but i cant think about that, because to me i know my life is in HIS hands, and not one bit of worrying will make any difference anyway!!
I spoke to someone yesterday who said ‘a lot of christians are scared ‘ as if that is a bad thing!!! That’s quite a harsh thing to say really, but that’s maybe how i feel now, i have worked through this and know my life is in Gods hands, H e decides when i live and die, not a vicious plan of the Enemy of my soul!
God has given so many people Psalm 91. Which helps and encourages me.
I am very alarmed that 16 women died in the first three weeks and 2 children,they are literally trapped in their houses with Monsters..its really worrying, but i expect they wont be counted in the daily count of people who have died from this Vile illness,but of course it didnt kill them, a human being made that choice, and God mourns with their families, the Parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, neighbours who have heard this happen.
I wonder about people I haven’t heard from, like the lovely dear Lady who runs the site, “Spiritual side of domestic Violence.
Maybe the only good thing to come out of this is that people have time to check on others, the Lady from my local church, who runs the coffe morning on tuesday faithfully rings all the people who attend every tuesday, at the time they would be there. The church i go to has been closed and not by the Government, and the Vicar is not allowed to cross the threshold..by order of the Church of England...not right at all,  my school friend Ruth asked her Father why all the butchers shops are open and churches are’nt...it doesn’t make sense?
We are not being all things to all men,this church was really a community hub..i wonder what will happen when lockdown is over?

No comments: